What Information We Collect and How that Information May Be Used
Protecting Your Information
We want your information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We regularly monitor industry standard technical safeguards for securing your Personal Information and review our physical, technical, and organizational security practices to determine how we can prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure of your Personal Information. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, considering the nature of the Internet, and your control over your own access codes, Mahaugha cannot ensure or warrant the complete security of any information you transmit to us.
We may also, from time to time, use your Personal Information to send you informational communications or marketing materials regarding our services, including employment information and job opportunities that you indicate an interest in, where you have experience or when creating a profile. You may receive these messages from Mahaugha via email, phone, direct mail, and other communication means. We do not, however, want to send you information that you do not wish to receive, and you may opt-out of receiving these communications or change your preferences, as indicated below:
- 1. Email Link. Each email we send that contains marketing communications will contain instructions on how to unsubscribe in the event that you do not wish to receive these types of communications in the future from Mahaugha.
- 2. Direct Request. You can email us directly to request to be removed from communications by sending the request to email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section only applies to individuals who are residents of California and protected under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), as amended, and other California privacy laws (together “California Laws”).
a. Personal Information Collected
Mahaugha collects the following categories of Personal Information, as defined by California Laws:
- Personal Identifiers
- Banking Information
- Benefits Information
- Resume Information
- Protected Classifications
- Commercial Information
- Biometric Information
- Internet Activity
- Surveillance Information
- Personal Trends
We collect them for the purposes described above, and may share as outlined in the section titled, “How We May Share Your Information” above.
b. California Residents Rights
Under California Laws, California residents have the following rights (“Rights”) listed below. Your Right to Access and Right to Deletion are not absolute and are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, we cannot disclose specific pieces of Personal Information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the Personal Information, your account with us or the security of the business’s systems of networks. There are also disclosure exemptions outlined in the CCPA that apply to Mahaugha in the context of an applicant, employee or B2B relationship.
- Disclosure & Access Rights: California residents have the right to request in writing from a business, (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information and the type of services provided to the consumer, that a business has disclosed to third-parties (including Independent Affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third-parties' direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third-parties. In addition, California residents have the right to request that we disclose to them (i) the categories of Personal Information we have collected about them, (ii) the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third-parties with whom we have shared Personal Information, (v) the specific pieces of Personal Information we hold about an individual, and (vi) the correction of the Personal Information.
- Deletion Rights: California residents have the right to have their Personal Information deleted, unless the Personal Information is necessary for the business or service provider to:
- complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer;
- detect security incidents;
- protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity (or prosecute those responsible);
- debug to identify and repair functionality errors;
- exercise or ensure the right of another to exercise free speech or another legal right;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, which compels the production of or access to electronic communication information or electronic device information with a search warrant;
- engage in research in the public interest (if the consumer has provided informed consent);
- to enable solely internal uses aligned with the consumer's expectations given their relationship with the business;
- comply with a legal obligation;
- otherwise use the information internally in a lawful manner compatible with the context in which the consumer provided it.
- Do Not Sell: Californian residents have the right to opt-out of having their Personal Information sold. We do not sell Personal Information. Californians can exercise their privacy rights by submitting a request via the Privacy Rights webform, contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the other avenues outlined in the below section titled, “How to Contact Mahaugha”. In some cases we may need to collect additional information to verify your identity, such as your name and proof of residence. We will use the information provided in connection with a request solely for the purposes of verification. We cannot effectuate your request if we are unable to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. Californians may exercise these rights themselves or they may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on their behalf. If we receive a request from an authorized agent, we may take steps to verify their ability to act on the consumer’s behalf, including through contacting the consumer. In most cases, we will facilitate a rights request through automated tools available on our website or through your password protected account.
Mahaugha does not discriminate against any individual for exercising their privacy rights as we know and understand how important your Personal Information is to you, and hope you understand we are also committed to the protection of your Personal Information. Response Time. We will handle requests as required under applicable California laws. When a request is made, we may verify your identity to protect your privacy and security. We will respond to privacy rights requests within 45 days following receipt via the options stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer twice per calendar year.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and Mahaugha does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a visitor under the age of 13 on our services, we will delete the information from our records.
How to Contact Mahaugha